View Single Post
Old June 8, 2012, 11:35 AM   #48
Sheriff Gotcha

Okay I did not search this or even read every post in this thread, but I didn't want to create a new thread on something that may have been stated before hand on a regular basis.

My question is: Is there a HD shell that is frowned upon as far as factory ammo is concerned? For example, Birdshot vs Buckshot, would one or the other make you an easier target for an attorney to make you look more guilty in a self defense in the home situation?

I know nothing about shotguns really and little about guns in general for that matter. I was curious about this though.

I know Buckshot will penetrate more than Birdshot, but will that make you look as though you had bad intentions. Like with handguns your better off if you defend yourself with a standard factory trigger over a custom lighter trigger. Does the same apply for shotgun loads used for HD?

Sorry if you think this is highjacking. I can make a new thread if the OP or Mods would like. Or if someone will provide a link to a previous thread based on this I'd like to see that.

Page generated in 0.02987 seconds with 8 queries