View Single Post
Old October 25, 2009, 09:06 AM   #8
Farmland

I figured you read that but I thought I would post it to help others who might be searching for an answer get the information quicker.

I didn't know if you saw that or not. I don't know if cutting the tips off would make it a less effective bullet. I would suspect it would work to kill a deer with not problems. However the point I was trying to make was the seating of the bullet. I do know that the case needs to be shortened to operate in a lever gun. From what I have discovered in the 45-70 if the case is the normal length then the shell will no cycle.

What I don't know is if you use a standard case in a 444 will the bullet fit in the chamber of your gun. I know if you have a lever it will not cycle.

Some people are using these bullets successfully in their black powder guns with some nice results.

Honestly it is $39 not a large investment. You can certainly sell them on this site or somewhere else. You can experiment and try loading one in a 44 case as a dummy round and see if it fits the chamber. You could load one up to the same specs starting at min load data for the 265 flat nose and see how it actually performs in you barrel. However I see no reason you can not use the load data for this bullet.

I am guessing you have an older lever action 444 and the only real problem or question is how exactly will the bullet perform in your barrel. The other is that it appears that you need to use a shorter case than standard.

Page generated in 0.02441 seconds with 8 queries