View Single Post
Old January 25, 2013, 02:32 PM   #1
+1k ammo

Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD™ 9mm vs. Beretta Nano!

I have been tossing up between these two and also C and P Kahr and SCCY, but it has been all on paper.

Finally went into somewhat near Lgs and of course they did not have any in stock but I did get to handle the range gun and compare to the in-stock Nano. Both were good size and SLIM! However, my first hand remarks are below on comparing them:

1. S&W - Felt great in my hand. Had the extended mag, which it will come with one extended and one regular. Pointed well and felt very stable and solid. Nice slide and controls. Trigger felt good.

2. Beretta - Very nice solid feel as well, good looking slide etc. Few things which put me off for now. There is no slide release lever! Just like my cheapo Hi-Point, you have to drop the mag and then re-rack the slide a notch further back to release it. I DO not like that. It confuses me in the moment, while hitting a slide release is more natural. Also, the trigger is good, but very very looooong. My Px4 is long also, but I liked the S&W better. And lastly, the gun just did not feel as good in my hand. Thought it would better, because I think my Beretta px4 is one of the best feeling guns I have? Oh well.

I love Beretta's, its just these few things pushed the Shield into my first choice.

I liked the Shield so much I bought one! It will be about a month out, but I put a deposit and did the paperwork, so when it does come in I can just go in and pick it up. 439 was not bad and I did not have to go through the buying online and shipping and transfer fee. Also gives me free day pass at the range, so when I pick it up I can go over and play with it for a while.

Can't wait till it comes in, but though a first hand account of these two would be good since even the Youtube videos sometimes do not really tell you much information.

Not that I care, but there was a sign on the door that said 9mm range ammo is out! I reload, so I don't buy much 9mm ammo, but I guess the shortage is all over. This was in near suburb of Chicago.

Page generated in 0.02596 seconds with 8 queries