View Single Post
Old August 11, 2012, 11:18 PM   #1
SirHerc

I Am New To Concealed Carry Got 1 Question

I have my permit coming. I am in my 40's and been around guns my whole life. Had much training for real world use of weapons, God forbid, should ever need it. Iv taken many firearms safety classes including the one for my permit. I am getting old! I work with people who have chemical dependencies. I go to the worst parts of town at the worst hours for my job. So, for the past 40 years I have never regularly carried a gun (excluding my M16 back in the day) or felt like I should. I am comfortable with weapons and having one on me. Iv decided to carry now because I am aging, I am diabetic now, I work job with some criminal danger to it, I have my special needs son with me often and the area I live in seems to be turning to CRAP more and more each day. Yes I am confident that should I need to use it I wont hesitate.

So, all this said, does anyone have any good advice for someone new to concealed carry that trainers, instructors, gunny sergeants, dads and granddads may not have told me. Again, I have training and I know how to be safe and responsible but I am always open to more insight and instruction especially when you consider the serious ramifications of concealed carry and / or having to use ones firearm for defense.

Page generated in 0.02898 seconds with 8 queries