View Single Post
Old November 13, 2011, 09:27 AM   #4
Rawg the Huug

I can understand that folks are snatching them up when they can, what I don't understand is why Pietta & Uberti (were there other makers, aside from Colt?) would stop making them if there is such a demand for them. I've been told that they are awkward & not well-made. Makes no difference to me; they were good enough for the Texas Rangers & I'm simply intrigued by them.

I've roamed gunshows, but the few tables that have any guns of the kind remind me of most western films: everybody has the Peacemaker & is seemingly oblivious to the fact that there was ever anything else available. One fellow in CAS garb actually asked me to explain what a Paterson is...& then handed me a SASS pamphlet, suggesting I join. I have not joined, though I've been to a couple of local matches.

To be honest, I'd engrave mine, too, & get 'em Tiffany gripped, as well, if I ever have the pennies for it; & being a nerd for the cartridge conversions I'm hoping to convert mine...(if I ever acquire them), but regardless of all that, my guns are shooters & I'll never understand the logic behind buying anything simply for display only.

I appreciate the welcome & the input. Are there gunshows or sites other than gunbroker or gunsamerica that might cater more to 19th Century arms?

Page generated in 0.02620 seconds with 8 queries