View Single Post
Old March 20, 2011, 02:40 AM   #11
cheezhed

I have ran a boatload of 9mm through my lee dies using berry bullets and have never had a problem of any type. I would measure the bullets with a micrometer to determine their size. I would also mike the expander to see if it is about .002 smaller than the bullet. I have had brass that did not want to hold
the bullet firmly due to thin case walls. Don't over crimp with the FCD die if you are using one as you can crush the bullet to a smaller diameter. Seat and crimp in separate operations if you can. You may want to separate brass by headstamp if you are using mixed lots of brass to see if this is a condition of a brand of brass. Don't cycle the same round through your pistol continuously and
some bullet profiles tend to seat back more than others you may want to have the feed ramp polished. Some guns drag the empty case into the next round during ejection and while this may not affect round nose bullets it may shove back flat nosed or hollow points. You can call Lee to see if they have any suggestions.

Page generated in 0.02271 seconds with 8 queries