View Single Post
Old October 31, 2008, 12:10 AM   #1
Jack Reevez

When to d-grease handguns and what degreaser to use?

Hello all. I have one question about degreasing a hadgun..both pistols and revolvers.

I dont know when to degrease a handgun. The first time i degreased my beretta 92fs and Ruger p94 and an old webbley & scott .38 cal. revolver was when i first got em. the pistols were brand new and had factory greese and the revolver , though old but hardly used, was dry and had never been fired, or lubed or greesed. I used Hoppes Elite gun cleaner as i have been told it is a carbon solvent as well as an excellent degreaser. After that i have been using it to clean my handguns after shooting .

What i do is this. i take my guns, run dry patches thru the bores before shooting to clean out any oil and lube and when the barrel is bone dry ( i let the gun oil in all the other places though, the outside of the barrel, inside of the frame and the rails etc) and then i shoot my handguns. After that i just use hoppes elite gun cleaner to clean my guns an dthen luvbe the afterwards with hoppes lubricating oil.

Am i doing it all right? And when should i use the hoppes elite gun cleaner to degrease my pistols instead of cleaning it?

Also tell me if i should use hoppes #9 to clean my guns and elite gun clenare to degreas eit
And what should i do first ,, clean the guns after cleaning and then degrease an dthen lube them or degrease them first then clean and lube them?

As usual ia m confued about this and would appreciate any and all help.

Regards.

Page generated in 0.02333 seconds with 8 queries