View Single Post
Old February 7, 2005, 03:34 PM   #16
sindiesel666

Some very good points and suggestions made. I know this is a contentious issue amongs reloading crowd, where brand loyalty runs high. I wanna thank everyone for taking time out to contribute to this thread.

I'm so far leaning towards Hornady. I know most people are gonna say :" You're crazy for not going with Dillon, I've never had any problems with my press and they've always taken care of me!!!"
From what I've heard Hornady takes care of their customers just as well as Dillon and makes a good machine that cranks out decent ammo with little effort.
Less expensive than Dillon, has the casefeeder available, less expensive to change out calibers as well. I will really only be loading .45 ACP for now, since I only shoot either that or 9mm, since I buy 9mm for next to nothing locally it's pointless to reload..
Money is really not that much of an issue with this purchase, however if I can buy Hornady AP with casefeeder for the same price of the 650, I'd rather go that route. Never a bad thing to be careful with your money.
I've always been the underdog supporter....in this case Hornady is obviously an underdog since an overwhelming majority of reloaders and especially competitive shooters seem to prefer blue presses for their own use.
That just makes me wanna get the LnL even more, I often like to "run against the grain"...lol
For that matter, I may buy a Loadmaster later just for shi*s and giggles

Page generated in 0.03318 seconds with 8 queries