View Single Post
Old January 14, 2009, 11:18 PM   #30
DSCowles

Worked since 2006 years as a Corrections Officer (recently received promotion and was able to take off the uniform, I miss it) and have experienced OC dozens of times. I will say that I think that the generic form is workable in a sense of still being able to function, but however, Law Enforcement only brand "CapStun", an alcohol based spray in the "Fogger" form is by far the most painful version of the substance. The alcohol acts as a direct skin irritant, as well as the irritation to the eyes, nose, and throat.

While working Segregation units, we had several methods of dissemination. We would used the direct aerosol spray from cans which was almost always effective, however, we also had an "PepperJet" which was similar into how weed killer is administered (Large bucket pressurized with a wand) and the XP-10, which is a basically a large fire-extinguisher style container that opens a valve and releases 150 PSI of 3 gallons of the substance.

If these were either defeated or ineffective, we would move to CS/OC gas incendiary devices. This would basically choke the air supply out from the offender. I have never seen someone who was initially sprayed not submit to restraints eventually. However, there are individuals who are not medically cleared to be sprayed with OC gas. Then we move straight to the Electrical Options or Direct Impact Munitions .

Needless to say, OC has little effect on me anymore. However, the CAPStun still stops me in my tracks.

Page generated in 0.02015 seconds with 8 queries