View Single Post
Old August 26, 2009, 08:43 AM   #77
Poseidon28

Quote:
I sometimes find it very odd that one might spend a great deal of time preparing for a thing, using a gun in self defense, that is almost a certainty not to happen to him. He'll spend hours doing research and agonizing over choosing just the right gun, the right ammunition, the right holster. But he probably spends very little time or effort preparing for the predictable legal aftermath. He has the opportunity to prepare, but whether he does so is up to him.
Fiddletown:

I've never really figured why the 'tactical black shotgun' as a home defense weapon hasn't been attacked on the basis outlined above, yet reloads, non-standard weapons, like hunting weapons, are. To be real, you can't take a black shotgun to the range, unless you use slugs. It's worthless for skeet. It really has no other function then to sit in your business, or home, waiting for the unlikely robbery or murder.

If you have the Fish case, or more information on it, I'd love to see it. I guess he won his appeal, but, he really should never have been convicted in the first place, and, I'm wondering how that happened. Carrying a 10 MM seems to me, a minimum weapon for running in rural Arizona. In fact, I'd consider that a questionable caliber for a woods gun...Also, hollowpoints were designed and sold to the LEO market to minimize over-penetration. Why didn't that get in?

3: the Police gun choice is weak in that the person is acting as a police wannabe, but, their might need to be more facts to support that.

Walt:

HP ammunition was sold as THE solution to over-penetration when LEO moved from revolvers to semi-autos.
Lead does not consistently feed, and, if it's hard enough to do so, then over-penetration is claimed to be a problem, because the alternative is ball ammo, or flat point.

The real reason is LEO aren't great shots, as a general rule, and, JHP ammo generally slows down better when it hits hard stuff, much faster then other design bullets. Also, with the calibers that the HP's have been used, UNDER-penetration has resulted in the death of FBI special agents, in a couple shootings. Hence the search for the 10MM, downloaded, and, the resulting 40 S&W, by the FBI.

Fiddletown:
How do you think the gay factor affects jury pools, and views on homicide-murder cases in the Bay area?
What about the tremendous amount of gay on gay domestic violence?

Also you are aware that about 40% of the SFDA's case load is caused by homeless violence, or actions, of one kind or another?

Last edited by Poseidon28; August 26, 2009 at 09:00 AM.

Page generated in 0.03231 seconds with 8 queries