Thread: Bullseye Weapon
View Single Post
Old October 24, 2008, 05:41 PM   #25
cdrt

Quote:
I'm trying to get a sense of how the shooter keeps the hand available for cocking without slowing down the shooting. A pic would be helpful. Maybe a video if anyone knows of one.
I'd also like to know how you can cock the revolver with one hand, while holding it and firing it with the other, and not have that construed as "artificial support", especially if you leave the non-firing hand up near the revolver so it's difficult for someone to see clearly what you are doing. I think it would give any line judge a headache trying to figure out if you did something illegal or not. In the ten second rapid fire, using the non-firing hand would be a hindrance and not a help.

Did Brian say if they were going to clarify the rules and make a change in the next rule book, or is this another "well a NRA guy told me this" type rule? We've had too many of those in the past and it just leads to confusion especially when it overlaps between NRA rules and CMP rules. Luckily the CMP does not have any revolver matches.
Navy Vet, SWIFT Boat OIC, Distinguished Pistol Shot #1399
USS JOHN S. MCCAIN (DDG-36)

Page generated in 0.02265 seconds with 8 queries