View Single Post
Old April 28, 2002, 01:00 AM   #18
Coronach

Quote:
Before a certain cutoff date, the bbls need fitting and just cannot be interchanged w/o some hand work at Ithaca.
Yeah, as my luck would have it, serial number 135XXX was manufactured in 1947, which puts it a wee bit before the age of interchangability.

Of course, this also reinforces my desire not to chop this full-choke long barrel, too. Even if its not worth much in dollars and cents, I dislike hacking up old things. Call me silly.

On the plus side, I have a line (kinda/sorta maybe) on a replacement bbl. Is this the sort of work that could be done by my smith, or would it be advisable to ship the whole kit and kaboodle to Ithaca?

Thanks again,
Mike

"True pacifism is the finest form of manliness. But if a man comes up to you and cuts your hand off, you don't just offer him the other one. Not if you want to go on playing the piano, you don't." -Sam Peckinpah

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein

Page generated in 0.03077 seconds with 8 queries