View Single Post
Old November 22, 2013, 05:44 AM   #407
4V50 Gary
Staff

White Shield speaks with Agent Wilkinson

The following was recorded by Col. Philippe Regis Denis de Keredern de Trobriand. de Trobriand was colonel of a regiment that fought in the Civil War. He rose to the rank of brigadier general and was brevetted as major general of volunteers. Post war, he returned to France and wrote his memoirs, Four Years in the Army of the Potomac (it is a good read and may take some time to find a copy). As one of the few officers selected to remain in the army, he received a commission as a colonel and was sent to the Dakotas. He spent several years there and wrote his journal which was later published as Army Life in Dakotas. The following excerpt is from pages 139-40.

Quote:
The agent: "My friend, you are getting too old; age troubles your brain and you talk and act like an old fool."

The chief: "I am old, it is true; but no so old as not to see things as they are. And even if, as you say, I were only an old fool, I would prefer a hundred times to be an honest red fool than a stealing white rascal like you."
Way to go White Shield.

Page generated in 0.02959 seconds with 8 queries