Thread: new guy here!
View Single Post
Old December 26, 2005, 08:15 AM   #10
Tim R

Shrike, You are right about High Power shooters being more the friendly type. This is one reason why I like it so well. Any High Power shooter worth his salt is always going to help out the best he can if it be the loan of equipment or giving pointers.

I know I cost a husband a few $ as his wife got a WOP upper and a RRA lower with a WOP tuned RRA trigger for Christmas. And no, it wasn't for him......she shoots better than he does.

My favorite match's are held at a 100 yard range on reduced targets about 40 minutes away. The match director has some 4-H kids come in and fire up the BBQ'er. We have lunch between the Service rifle match and and the Hunting rifle match. $5.00 will get you a double cheese burger with all the fix'ins, a bag of chips and a drink. It's like a big family and loads of fun. The 4-H kids are small bore shooters and they make a few $ for their fund.

This year some buddies and I are still going to attend those matches and cut off some others so we can make sure we hit all the full range matches we can. It will mean more driving around the State but we are thinking we should start working hard now for a trip to Perry in 07.

Page generated in 0.02508 seconds with 8 queries