View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 09:38 PM   #2
Poindexter

Stitching was a pain in the neck. By the time I was done I figured out I could squeeze the holster to make it wide enough to get a needle in an out, but by then I was committed. I started out by just lacing all the stitches in loose but leaving enough slack I could run the needle through one layer of leather at a time. Once all the stitches were in both rows, then I took all the slack out.

This is after all the stitches were in, one row tight enough to trim off and then take all the slack out of the second row...

One trip to the range already, I made a point to pick up spent brass left by others from all the usual comfortable positions, and driving is no problem because I trial fit on a seat closer to the floor than my truck seat is. Make sense? Any way, it is higher than I would have liked, but any lower I'll feel it digging into my leg sometimes.

With my shirt tucked in it looks like this.

And with the same shirt untucked, it looks like this.

It does print a little. With baggy shorts I'll make a point to wear a baggier T shirt in the future. In jeans or similar with just an open flannel shirt, possibly a vest, I am golden even in jurisdictions where printing is a big no no.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stitching.JPG (93.6 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg tucked.JPG (50.9 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg untucked.JPG (24.3 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by Poindexter; February 10, 2013 at 09:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.02973 seconds with 9 queries