Thread: LEO poll
View Single Post
Old April 29, 2012, 11:08 AM   #34
TXGunNut

I've met cops like your friend, even worked with a few. My 25 yrs was different. Only time I discharged my weapon on duty was to put down a badly injured dog and I was quite relieved to close that chapter of my life without needing to shoot someone. I like to think I would have been OK with that but it's an event that changes one's life and it wasn't an experience I wanted to have. I lost track of the number of times I drew my weapon in the first several months and never bothered to keep track of that number. Some duty holsters are a bit slow to give up the weapon inside so many situations are simply better handled with weapon in hand from the outset, instead of as a reaction to an escalation of the threat.
I agree about trouble magnets, I was one but I attracted scrappers and I was more than happy to oblige them for several years. After that it got tiresome and recoveries more lengthy and painful. It was even fun for awhile, sometimes 2-3 fights a month. Glad I learned to avoid them, finally.
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.

Page generated in 0.03055 seconds with 8 queries