View Single Post
Old February 28, 2010, 09:37 PM   #299
CPTMurdoc30

I found this thread very entertaining and have made a few un-scientific observations about equipment.
Quote:
1. It seems almost everyone owns some sort of Lee press.
Yes I am one of a hand full of people who will never ever own a lee product. I have wasted money on three products and none lasted over 30 minutes of normal use.
Quote:
2. RCBS seems to be the second most used equipment.
I agree because they are high quality products and made to last a life time but, will not make you mortgage the house 2 times to own them.
Quote:
3.Reloaders who own Hornady LNL seem to own only progressive and one single stage.
New to reloading most on them I bet.
Quote:
4. Reloaders who use Dillon presses seem to own more than one which makes me think they must be a pita to change calibers.
Changing calibers is a breeze it is the priming system that is a PITA to fool with that is why you see many double 550 or 650 set ups. Because we hate to change the priming system.
Quote:
5.Redding and Lyman are almost non-existent.
I like Lyman and I am sure like lee many people at a few lyman products. Redding are well expensive for what you get. Granted Redding equipment is very good and the big boss press is built so that if you wanted to you can reload 105mm ammo. They are tough and built like a tank.
Quote:
6.Judging by reloading rooms and benchs, people who Dillons are rich and all the rest of us are poor.
I would not go that far. I am far from rich and there is a dillon sitting on my bench. I know plenty of people who are not rich and use dillon products. I love my dillon press and glad I have it. It took me years of dreaming before my wonderful loving wife got me one.I have known about dillon presses long before many of the fanboys knew. I knew about them when they 450 was the only press they made.

As I stated this is just my observation and is only valid by the contributers of this thread.

Page generated in 0.03868 seconds with 8 queries