View Single Post
Old November 3, 2001, 05:35 PM   #1
SAWBONES

Training With Dennis Tueller in Utah

I just came back from a weekend half-day training session with Lt. Dennis Tueller (ret), who is now offering half day scheduled courses at the FARM in Lehi, on several upcoming Saturdays.
I've had opportunity of training under him before, and it's ALWAYS worthwhile.
Most folks at TFL are probably familiar with who he is, but for those who don't know of him, Dennis is the promulgator of the "Tueller Drill", the well-known means of demonstrating that your handgun cannot likely be accessed in time to save your life if a determined assailant is within 21 feet of you and attacking, UNLESS you move off the line of force or otherwise successfully divert or confuse him.
Dennis is a "family member" of the old (Orange) Gunsite API under Jeff Cooper and a guest instructor there, and a frequent instructor also at Clint Smith's Thunder Ranch, Chuck Taylor's American Small Arms Academy, and John Farnam's DTI, and has trained numerous fedreral and international "special units", as well as having been a long time Salt Lake City police officer.
He's an excellent instructor for novices and for experienced pistoleros alike, teaching tactics as well as all aspects of pistolcraft, though his current course offerings are geared to those with a bit of experience.
I mention the above not to "beat the drum" for Dennis, but to identify an unusually-good training opportunity for folks in or near Utah in the upcoming several weeks.
Formal defensive handgun training usually means long-distance travel, along with considerable costs in money and time, and I consider myself lucky to be able to train with such a top-notch instructor who happens to live and now teach "right in my backyard".
I'll copy a flyer below with contact information and other details for those interested in this opportunity.

(Standard disclaimer: I have ABSOLUTELY NO FINANCIAL OR OTHER INTEREST in Dennis' training offerings. I am simply a several-time student of his, and believe that excellent training in pistolcraft is pertinent and valuable, and I wish to pass on information about such to those who might be interested.)

GUNMANSHIP
SCHOOL

Skills Enhancement Workshops

DATES & TIMES:

Two separate 4-hour workshops are scheduled on the following Saturdays:
27 October; and 3, 10, & 17 November 2001
8am to 12pm or 1:00pm to 5:00pm

The F.A.R.M. Training Center near Fairfield, Utah (5 miles south, off Highway 73, about 50 miles southwest of Salt Lake City)

HANDGUNS & EQUIPMENT:

Students are to provide a reliable, serviceable handgun, a serious holster that covers the trigger guard (one that you would really wear “on the street”), a sturdy belt, 4 spare magazines (or speed-loaders), ear protection, wrap-around eye protection, a hat with a bill, and clothing suitable for the weather. 300 rounds of ammunition is also required.

These courses are open to law enforcement and military personnel, Concealed Carry Permit holders, and other qualified individuals. A deposit of $50.00 is required to reserve your space in the class. (Class size is strictly limited. Early registration is encouraged.)

TUITION: $95.00

FOR DETAILS CONTACT:

Dennis Tueller
Plan to Prevail Training & Consulting
P.O. Box 902334
Sandy, Utah 84090
(801) 209-4326 fax: 553-9359
E-mail: [email protected]

Page generated in 0.03552 seconds with 8 queries