View Single Post
Old December 21, 2011, 05:10 PM   #4
bk688

Less criminals

If it weren't for our Judaical system it would be beneficial to just shoot, and hopefully kill, there guy. this intern, would lead to less criminals on the street, or released after a shortened sentence to commit more crimes.

Unfortunately, in this country if you commit a lawful shooting in self defence or otherwise, your immediately thought of as guilty.

In Illinois it is legal for a civilian to use deadly force to stop a forcible felony. Burglary is a forceable felony. So if someone brakes into my house I could legally kill them, assuming I believe they are committing a forceable felony. I had this very conversation with a local assistant chief, whom assured be I would be committing a crime and would be arrested. When I pulled out my copy of Illinois compiled statues and showed him where it specifically stated that I could do what I said, he then went into a rant about right vs. wrong and that I would still be arrested and charged with a crime. Eventually the discussion ended with me saying fine, you go do that, but when your sued for wrongfully arrest don't say I didn't tell ya so.

Page generated in 0.07570 seconds with 8 queries