View Single Post
Old December 21, 2011, 04:46 PM   #3
Patriot86

I would say that you are 100% correct C0untZer0.

First point; usually gunfire will instantly attract attention, much more so that screams or other noises. That means the potential of having good witnesses even if the bad guy escapes is much higher.

Second; many "low level thugs" simply do not have the mental resources involved in seeking "back alley" treatment or self treatment for gunshot wounds so they think they will show up at a local hospital, give a fake name and a fake reason for getting shot and think that will be just that. Most of the time this is NOT the case and the cops end up catching the bad guys at this point.

Third; Lets face it homicides and crimes where shots are actually fired are treated with a lot more attention by your typical police officer than a simple case of robbery or assault.
The police will typically, especially in more urban areas have more resources at their disposal to go after people for attempted homicide or homicide. An interesting twist to consider, in many states you are culpable for the results of a criminal act done by an accomplice if done during the commission of a felony(sorry if I don't use the right legalease words). Meaning, two BG's try to rob you, you shoot BG#1, BG#2 runs away but is now wanted on murder charges for BG#1 and is more likely to be caught because of the increased resources. Conversely I would be surprised if the same resources were given to a case where BG#1 is simply picked up for a robbery and the police are still seeking BG#2.

Page generated in 0.02060 seconds with 8 queries