View Single Post
Old January 25, 2009, 01:46 PM   #192
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonR101395
Some of the regulators are lunatics and tyrants who should be felons.
I have to chuckle at that a bit for you have a point. However, not sure that is the topic we are discussing. Maybe in politics one man's savior is another man's lunatic/felon. Marion Barry comes to mind.

Quote:
Do you think that gun laws prevent lunatics or crooks from owning guns?
Not sure what you mean. Are you saying that we shouldn't make something illegal if there are some who won't obey the law?

But to your question, yes I think gun laws do keep guns out of the hands of criminals and nuts but not all of them all the time. However, that is true with any law, but that is not why we make things illegal.

Quote:
My point being I'm for putting everyone on equal ground instead of hamstringing or making a criminal out of an otherwise law abiding person.
I will agree but with a different twist. Let's put FFLs and FTF sellers on equal ground and make them both legal and good for public safety by requiring everyone to submit to a background check not just those that buy from FFLs.

Page generated in 0.03608 seconds with 8 queries