Thread: WHat changed???
View Single Post
Old August 23, 2011, 05:02 PM   #6
Bill Akins

ZVP here's a few things to try checking.

Have you tried a Lewis lead remover or other method of scrubbing lead from the barrel or chemically cleaning the lead from the barrel? Sometimes it can build up. Have you recently checked the depth of your rifling's lands and grooves with a micrometer at the muzzle end of the barrel?

Have you carefully checked the cylinder arbor to make sure there is no play or looseness in it or that it might still be tight but may have moved just a tad and you didn't notice it and it still doesn't interfere with the cylinder turning or locking up correctly but could cause slight chamber to barrel misalignment problems leading to inaccuracy? Have you visually checked down the muzzle of the barrel making sure each chamber exactly lines up with the barrel correctly?

Have you checked for hammer wobble? The back of the recoil shield would funnel your hammer into position to strike the nipples, but BEFORE you pulled the trigger and the hammer got that far, it could be possible the hammer wobbles from side to side causing your rear sight notch on the hammer to randomly be off when you are sighting. Could be something as minor and simple as that, or could be a combination of things.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; August 23, 2011 at 05:10 PM.

Page generated in 0.03220 seconds with 8 queries