View Single Post
Old January 29, 2012, 06:07 PM   #164
Kimbertron

This is a subject i have given a lot of thought to since friday. Friday afternoon
I left work and was heading to my fiances house, I entered through the garage as usual and there was a god there I had never seen before. I thought it was odd but there are 4 people living in he house and just assumed one of them had gotten a new dog. It just watched me walked through the garage and when I went to grab a drink from the refrigerator that was in the garage on the way in the dog latched on to my right hand.

The dog (which was some sort of pit bull mix i learned later) dragged me to the ground and started biting my leg and back side as I was trying to get my gun that i carry everyday. I wasn't able to grip the gun do to the damage to my hand so i dropped it. At that time after maybe a minute at the most (felt like an hour) people in the house heard what was going on and pulled the dog off me.

I will save the gruesome pictures but this is what I am in now until I can get the tendons in my hand surgically repaired on Wednesday.

The owner of this dog was the friend of my fiances roommate and thought he would "train" this dog to be a guard dog. The dog was wagging his tail after his owner got him. I 100% do not blame the dog for this, I own 5 large dogs and one fluff ball and the owner/ "trainer" is at fault.

I honestly not sure what there is to learn from this as far as tactics go but it just shows you don't ever really know what a strangers dog is going to act like. Maybe I have become too trusting of dogs as a dog lover and need some advice for the future.

Page generated in 0.03273 seconds with 8 queries