View Single Post
Old August 17, 2009, 11:22 AM   #19
oneounceload

Quote:
Exactly my thoughts. My H&R needs a rib way more than the mossberg does. It would make it alot easier for a youngster to hit what theyre aiming at and not get discouraged because they miss all the time. Thats why I started this thread. Rather than buying a new rib and having it installed on the H&R I could just take the one off the mossberg. That was my original thinking anyway.
Ribs are generally soldered on - to remove and install will also entail rebluing both guns - by the time you do all that, it would be cheaper to go buy another gun.

As to the 410 - not the best to train a kid with unless you're talking shooting static close targets. Anything moving will be tough. A 28 gauge has 50% more payload and will give the kid a better chance of being successful; downside, is the ammunition isn't cheap (unless you reload). Therefore using LIGHT target loads in a proper-fitting 20 or 12 would be the best alternative. The key is having the gun FIT. It is easier to shoot a stock that is too short than one that is too long

Page generated in 0.02708 seconds with 8 queries