View Single Post
Old September 5, 2004, 02:49 PM   #21
springfieldmaniac

No Problem,glad to spread the word to prevent other casualties.Just a side note.I received an e-mail from the BBB with an attachment of Wilson Combat's response to my complaint.If you can believe the B***s of these guy's,they claimed that it was obvious that I had "intentionally" sanded the guns finish off! "Longitudinal sanding strokes" was also mentioned.These marks were not caused by sanding as indicated by Wilson Combats Duane Wormington's comments,but rubbing off the liquid solvent and the finish was smearing off. Well,these people have no integrity what so ever,and wouldn't know customer service if it bit them on the rear.Claiming I'm 1 of 100% that is disatisfied doesn't bolster their integrity much either.It would take a mighty company to make that kinda claim for customer service satisfaction.To make blatant lies to cover up their failure to do the right thing should not be tolerated.I had the gun looked at by a well known gunsmith recently.I will not name him or involve him in this internet forum business.If he reads this and wants to jump in then I leave that for him to decide.Some gunsmiths do not want to get involved with such disputes.It should be noted while we did not test with a gun scrubber,because I did not have it with me at the exam,the Armor-Tuff finish pigment was easily being lifted/rubbed off with Acetone and green pigment could even be seen with rubbing with a dry tissue.Interestingly,Wilson never conducted any such tests while the gun was back at their shop for warranty examinations.My hopes is that the credit card dispute is resolved in my favor so I can have my gun refinished etc.Thanks to all for following this thread.If anyone would like to e-mail Duane Wormington of Wilson Combat in reponse to my poor treatment,his outrageous comments,and his companies disgusting behavior during this ordeal feel free.Best Regards,Ralph

P.S. Edited to add: It should also be noted.The first thing commented by the gunsmith that the finish was off to bare metal on the magazine tube.No Parkerizing under the Armor-Tuff(gun-kote)part of finish was noted.
It was also Obvious to anyone looking at the firearm,the bare metal still had a sandblasted appearance,no indication of finish being removed by "sanding"! Wilson Combat,you should be ASHAMED!!!!

Last edited by springfieldmaniac; September 5, 2004 at 04:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.02591 seconds with 8 queries