View Single Post
Old April 6, 2005, 09:20 PM   #3
grey_pilgrim

I'm not sure i'd reccomend a Saiga for "general purpose" Granted, i've never used one, but it seems like there are several potential problems. First, for hunting, most states regulate mag capacaties. So you will have to modicfy a magazine to only take a certain number of rounds. In addition, you would have to learn to change your shooting style, as your line of sight is a couple of inches above the barrel. Furthermore, the safety isn't exactly "fast to use".
That said, i want one. I'm just not sure it's the best "all around shotgun". And if I were to buy one, i wouldn't pay 350. Cdnn *had* em for 269 earlier this year, and i don't think they've gone up by that much (yet).

I have shot 1100s, and Berretta 391's. Both worked well. I own a 11-87, and it has served me well (nary a stoppage). WE were shooting some skeet one time, and a guy was having ejection issues with his short-barreled, compd 11-87. We cleaned the gas ports out, and it did fine. I've hunted with my 11-87, but i wouldn't want to use it as a boat paddle.

If i had a lot of $$, i would go for a superblackeagle left hand, as they look like nice shotguns. I've never used one, though. Of course, for that money, i could get a 11-87 right hand, a used ithaca model 37, and a saiga-12 ga, and still have money left over for a fair amount of shells.

Page generated in 0.02424 seconds with 8 queries