View Single Post
Old September 5, 2002, 12:56 PM   #15
nandoaqui

Why Reset To Factory Zero?

Handy,

The reason I asked the question in the first place is that I know that while in the previous rifle, the scope required quite a bit of windage adjustment in one direction, but I can't remember which direction (at 56 I also have some of the 'Art' syndrome).

I don't know what the total available range of adjustment is, but if it is two turns in each direction from 'factory zero', for example, and I already used one turn with the previous rifle, and don't reset it, it will not have as much adjustment for the new rifle. And this may be a problem.

On the other hand, since the scope base itself has some degree of windage adjustment, (via the screws that capture the rear scope ring) I would prefer to bore-sight it first (as I always do, by the way) with the scope at the factory-zero, do a coarse windage adjustment with the scope base screws, and use the scope adjustment knobs for the final, finer tuning. Then again, whatever adjustment is left PROBABLY would be sufficient, but I thought I would pose the question anyway...

I really don't plan to move this particular scope to another rifle, but I wouldn't want this bit of information to get in the way of this lively interchange of creative, experienced and interesting ideas.

Alex

Page generated in 0.02663 seconds with 8 queries