Thread: 10/22 Barrels
View Single Post
Old December 31, 2013, 07:37 PM   #8
haliwa04

Quote:
Just asking in order to understand "a" problem. I have swapped many 10/22 barrels and orphaned just as many good OEM barrels. That is the nature of these projects. Currently down to one target model and it has a target bull, tapered barrel. I prefer the Carbon fiber, tapered and fluted barrels over the full .920 barrel. ....
The oem barrel is going to be sent off to one of the guys at RFC to clean up and i'll put it aside for later.

I think the Green Mountain is going to fill my need fairly well. I was looking at my gun last night trying to picture it with a 20" barrel and it just wouldnt look right. So, i'm going to get an 18" stainless bull barrel from a guy on RFC. Just waiting for pictures to verify condition.
A buddy of mine is going to start threading barrels soon and i might get him to do mine, but he said something about stainless not doing too well with the process. I know i've seen threaded stainless barrels, but is there a special process for stainless vs carbon?

I know, logic says to save the time, money and trouble and just buy a threaded barrel. But, for $85, i don't care if its threaded or not, you just can't pass a deal that good. I've got an inbox full of barrels for sale, so i'll probably pick up a few as time goes on if they are still available as funds are. Once i finish this 10/22, i'm going to do some work on my bolt action rifle. I'm also about to start working on an SGWorks Bullpup kit for an SKS, hopefully that doesn't turn into a disaster.

Page generated in 0.02462 seconds with 8 queries