View Single Post
Old April 7, 2013, 12:55 AM   #24
pumkin

I think tgreening said it. I bought the takedown. It's pretty accurate. Most of all you can run w/ it. You sound like you want to be mobile. It comes apart and together in 5 seconds literally. I put half in each hand and run like heck if I had to. I've tried it. Running w/ a rifle in one hand isn't easy. It's pretty accurate. I mean surprisingly accurate. I'm guessing the reason is because it's a newly designed gun, the machinery and tooling there using is new and tight. I had a hard time making myself like the 10/22 though. It's just always felt to stocky- bulky for a .22 to me. I think the takedown is a little more slender though. My first .22 got stolen also. My dad bought me the browning takedown that ejected out the bottom of the receiver w/tublar magazine through the side rear end of stock when I was 9. It was a nice slender well balanced gun, pretty also. But I hated the bottom ejection. Casings would bounce all over the place. Somtimes hot ones would go down my shirt. I don't think it was quite as accurate as my 10/22 takedown though. I have had a little bit of a jamming issue w/ the 10/22 takedown though. It seems I need to keep bolt/receiver oiled heavier than one would think to keep it from jamming.

Page generated in 0.02315 seconds with 8 queries