View Single Post
Old February 29, 2008, 12:31 AM   #14
CGSteve8718

lmccrock, are you sure you aren't referring to Magpul's PMAGs? Because I know for sure they did the truck test with those.

Anyway, it sounds more of a mag problem cooter than a gas leakage problem. If it's not, I agree with the poster who said, send it back to them, since it is a brand new rifle.

As for mags, plain aluminum USGI mags work fine, someone will confirm this, but I don't remember which ones they were. I believe they were the ones with the green followers. You see, there are people who try to sell mags as being USGI, and aside from the follower and some other details, they are not. Don't be scammed at gunshows, shops, etc.

PMAGs also work fine, and seem to be the late great hype lately. They are relatively cheap at $15 retail.

Don't concern yourself with the ultra expensive H&K mags, they feel very sturdy, but under hard conditions, actually don't hold up as well as USGI or PMAGs. This is coming from numerous people I talked with who have attended tactical carbine classes taught by very knowledgeable folks, but it's still hearsay from me. Take it for what you will. However, I myself have used H&K mags (as they were issued to me) in some military classes, and they worked well for me. Although I think some of these private trainers run even more rounds than we did in a given course.

As for Wolf, I don't want to turn this guy's thread into a "don't use Wolf" thread, but I believe that a quality functioning rifle will feed any factory ammo just fine. Like DonR, I also have never had any problems feeding Wolf .223 in my Colt AR 15, or with any other caliber in other guns for that matter. And with prices the way they are, Wolf is affordable. Same with Sellier and Bellot.

Page generated in 0.02797 seconds with 8 queries