View Single Post
Old March 15, 2009, 05:55 PM   #4
Sevens

Quote:
Considering the low power nature of what I'm building
Here's your first problem-- it's small bore for a shotgun, but there's nothing low power about it. It's still going to need to handle 15,000 PSI. That's the same as: 28 gauge. And 20 gauge, and 12 gauge and 10 gauge, too.

I'm not sure about the Federal laws with regards to building your own firearm. I'm sure it's legal-- but not without some kind of hoops to jump through. And as was already said, there's not likely to be any way for you to build something nearly as effective and operative as one of the cheaper new ones... and at a gun show or swap meet, you could find a beat up cheap one for chump change.

If it's simply the idea that you WANT to build something to prove you can do it, I can understand that. But think about what's happening in the chamber and where your face is in relation to the chamber before you go forward with the project.

Page generated in 0.05436 seconds with 8 queries