View Single Post
Old July 28, 2014, 01:16 PM   #12
jeager106

Just last week-end I was staying at g-friend Dee's home.
She lives in a very upscale devlopment, homes are upper class on a cul-de-sac, all nieghbors are professional people with healthy incomes.
That don't mean they are smart or better than anyone else in my worldview.
Dee has several g-children, all under 11, the youngest but 3. They play outside in this upscale "safe" nieghborhood.
The fellow right across the street has a mean dog. Some brown but handsome brute (the dog!) with a curled tail. Last Sun. it was loose and went into attack mode as I was getting a fishing rod from my Escape. Right near the rod was my holstered .45 Kimber L.E.T fully loaded (always locked up).
The brute had it's hair raised, back paws throwing grass & dirt, jaws audibly snapping only 2/3 feet from me. For a fleeting second I thought about using the Kimber. Yes it did cause me to be afraid of being bitten.
I know dogs pretty well, stood still facing the thing for several minutes when the owners daughter managed to call the thing back.
Later I nicely asked the owner to please keep it under control & experssed my fear for Dee's grand kids. The guy was pretty arrogant but I took that in stride & didn't get stupid with him but I wanted to.
If the thing runs loose again I'll call the local cops & have the owner cited into court.
If it attacked a kid I'd get real radical real quick.
The OP used good sense in his non reaction to the threat.

Page generated in 0.02580 seconds with 8 queries