View Single Post
Old January 15, 2014, 04:51 PM   #82
Sharpsdressed Man

Ohio is silencer-friendly. You can't carry one on your CCW (yet...we MIGHT talk them into that someday), but you can use them pretty freely wherever it is legal to shoot. I started with a .45 MAC10 and suppressor, and quickly realized I liked suppressor more than feeding a full auto......suppressors end up costing a lot less. Sold the MAC and can back in the 1980's, then got a .22 rimfire suppressor. Everyone should own a .22 suppressor. If you buy a .22 centerfire can, you can use them on both. I recently lucked into a purchase of two 9mm suppressors that were so low in price, I couldn't refuse. They were demonstrators, and slightly outdated AAC "wet" cans that aren't made anymore. $200, for one, $225 for the other, and $400 for the two stamps: about $900 total, out the door, for two. They are very unique in that they are only 1" in diameter, one being 4" long, the other being 6" long, and they work on most all guns without higher sights being added, or piston devices to assist operation. AND, they can be used on guns of lesser caliber, like .380, .32, or .22's. I also have an SWR rifle suppressor for the .300 Win Mag. Wow on that one, too, as it not only reduces the .300 mag to about a .22 short in signature, and also reduces recoil to less than .308. There are advantages besides reducing blast, like my neighbors like me more when I use suppressors. [IMG][/IMG]

Page generated in 0.02866 seconds with 8 queries