View Single Post
Old November 7, 2008, 05:42 PM   #17
BigJimP

What the heck ...

Sumtoy you said:
PHP Code:
.." From the test work we have did the 2 3/4 will hit harder and repeat better. If you are just going to hunt and play with it go with what ever you find and you like. The new guns the 2 3/4 will be more $$$$. 
I have to disagree with all the points you are making.

I don't know of any balistics tests that suggest 2 3/4" vs 3" shells change the velocity / so they certainly can't hit harder just because they're 1/4" longer. You can shoot 1 1/8 oz in a 2 3/4" shell - just like you can in a
3" shell - and if both shells have a velocity of 1200 fps / they will both perform the same / and they will both hit just as hard if they have the same size shot in the loads. If you can site some tests, I would like to take a look at them.

2 3/4" chambers are not just on new guns, they've been around a long time. Some of the newer guns chambered in 3 1/2" are a little more expensive than a gun chambered in 3" ...but that isn't what you said, and this person is asking about 2 3/4" vs 3" ... 2 3/4" guns are often higher grade target guns / and they may be more expensive for any number of reasons - but not just because they're chambered in 2 3/4".

Page generated in 0.04433 seconds with 8 queries