View Single Post
Old January 31, 2006, 04:02 PM   #3
J.D.B.

Pistols, revolvers, carbines, even shotguns (no hot magnums). Limited and open class for each of the types. Limited is (around here), any open sight, no compensators. Open is anything, like all-out race guns,etc. One of our weekly shooters is a 13 year old girl who shoots in "open carbine". She usually has some 2.5 second tables in a match(WICKED FAST). A typical match is six tables of five pins. The slowest time is dropped and you're scored on the best five. At our matches, each shooter has thirty seconds to clear of a table at a distance of thirty-six feet. During the summer I play in another club's matches and they time to fifteen seconds at 25 feet, best five out of six tables. Some clubs time the pins to the floor, some stop the time when the pin leaves the table (this is a good strategic point if a pin is slowly rolling off the table). Some clubs allow the shooter to stand at "ready-low", and others with the gun benched and hands up before the timer starts. I saw one group start with guns benched, slides locked open, mags out! I shoot every week, keeps the shootin' eye sharp with a nice balance of speed and accuracy. I'll be there tomorrow. If anyone's in the Taylor, Michigan area, come on out and give it a try, we start around five P.M. and go till nine. Here's a link to the place:http://www.topgunshootingsports.com/

Josh

Page generated in 0.02751 seconds with 8 queries