View Single Post
Old January 13, 2005, 10:12 PM   #75
chorlton

hey, hey, hey, calm down folks. I'm from the UK and damn proud of it. Please dont start with national stereotypes.
Okay, Britain does have very strict gun control laws. Yes, they are irrational. 20 years ago you could buy AK47s there. Michael Ryan changed all that. Its like having Columbine and then banning all the weapons they used. Yes, the arowhead hunting bolts are now illegal, as is virtually any form of weapon on the streets. Feel free to ask any UK related questions anytime.
Back to topic, kinda, I will probably never hunt. I can see how real hunting (a la "deer hunter" scenes) can be quite an experience. I cannot see how sitting next to a feeder is really hunting, but then I've never done it. I don't see the problem with hunting as long as the animal you shoot isn't wasted. It's much better than buying the crap they sell in some supermarkets (full of drugs, maybe BSE). I used to be vegetarian, but I figured the real problem is the factory farming that is so prevalent. If you have respect for nature, then i have respect for you.

Page generated in 0.02900 seconds with 8 queries