View Single Post
Old January 10, 2005, 10:47 PM   #54
FirstFreedom

Yeah, why is everyone attacking Jan? It was not the least bit deserved. Jan, we're not all as rude as the responses you've gotten so far, other than Long Paths. Folks, she was just saying that, as a principle, the meat she eats was grown in *humane conditions*, chickens and turkeys, one of the humane conditions being a little room to walk around in (free range). That's a perfectly reasonable principle, and like she said, she had to pay a little more for it; just as one pays a tad more for organic vegetables. I for one never knew this existed, because if I did, I'd probably be willing to pay extra for free range stuff - anything that has an assurance of human conditions before the slaughter is worth paying a smidge more for (to me). Just as hunting is humane if I am the hunter. It's a reasonable principle, and people are attacking her on unrelated issues (vegetarian "purism", etc.). Think about what she said exactly; don't make her scapegoat for your anti-PETA, black and white general thoughts on the subject of hunting. Geez.

Agree with Long path and 1234hom.

P.S. OK, the criticism is fair about the statement "I don't hire others to kill for me" - that doesn't make sense, as has been pointed out.

Page generated in 0.04123 seconds with 8 queries