View Single Post
Old May 5, 2011, 06:21 PM   #17
Will Beararms

Great post Coltman and one I need to read about once a week. I was out of the loop on handguns for about four or five years. I still had em but wing shooting was my focus and still is in the fall and winter.

That said, I get so sick of seeing these nimrods on You Tube, TV and in other video mediums reviewing or demonstrating a pistol while having a finger in the muzzle or having the muzzle buried in their support hand for various reasons.

For starters, it is habit forming and before you know it, you'll be doing it when the handgun is loaded. Next, it conveys a terrible message to younger shooters and neophytes to the sport. Finally, it is the epitome of arrogance mixed with carelessness. It is just plain stupid.

I recently contacted the maker of the OP's pistol about a you tube spot where one of their European employees was doing this. They tried to defend it by stating the gun was cleared before their guy did the You Tube video. I saw one of their representatives recently at a grand opening of a sports retailer and he agreed with me. This type of behavior is wrong.

A GUN IS ALWAYS LOADED.

NEVER POINT A GUN AT ANYTHING YOU DO NOT INTEND TO DESTROY.

I appreciate a lot of the innovations we have now. I do not appreciate some of the gun handling mistakes I see industry representatives exhibiting these days.

Sorry for the rant....

Page generated in 0.02896 seconds with 8 queries