View Single Post
Old March 4, 2011, 02:50 PM   #4
FrankenMauser

Quote:
After much experimentation from scratch, I have come up with these useful and powerful load for the 32 S&W Long:

6.5 gr 800X 85 gr Hornady, 1.29"
13 gr LIL'GUN 85 gr HNDY, 1.29"
I have no idea how you managed to fit 13 gr of Lil'Gun in a .32 S&W Long case - and how you're not blowing primers with that load.

The Lil'Gun load posted by Clark should be reduced substantially, for anyone wanting to work up to what's posted. (I'm not saying it's a bad load - just that 13.0 gr is over published max loads for the .32 H&R. -And my own experience says that is a very hot load.)

Coop2564-
Check Hodgdon's data (online or buy their periodical-style manual at a news stand). They have a fair amount of data for .32 H&R and .327 Federal.

We also had a running thread on the .327 in this forum. Some of our personal loads are posted there.

For most .327 loads, you're definitely going to want to use small rifle primers. If you find data for small pistol primers, use them. In general, though, the .327 requires small rifle primers. The small pistol primers simply can't handle the pressure of real .327 loads.

Page generated in 0.02153 seconds with 8 queries