View Single Post
Old February 24, 2013, 08:04 AM   #15
PawPaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
but since we are not allowed to use hollow points many hits do not result in a full energy dump
Who's not allowed to use hollow points? In my rifle I can run anything I like. Personally, I'm no fan of the cartridge, preferring to use something bigger but I've got to admit that 40 years into it's development they've managed to turn it into something that works most of the time.

If you peruse my weapons locker, you'll see that I prefer .30 caliber long guns. There are several in there of various caliber designations, from .30-30 to .30-06. I know that the .300 Blackout was designed to run through the AR15, but for my purposes, I give it a resounding MEH. It seems to me to be another special purpose round that's destined for the ash heap. Sure, it's a fun little cartridge, and some folks are smitten with it, but I don't think it's going to last. However, I do give the designers credit for applying a set of design criteria to a specific problem. I simply think that the problem is so narrow that many of us won't find the utility of a purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbones6
Why would they develop bullets that do not expand, yet are also hollow point?
Hollow point target bullets are designed that way to give the base a solid copper platform, the hollow point is a manufacturing artifact, the hollow cavity in front moves the center of gravity to the rear, take your choice.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com

Page generated in 0.03715 seconds with 8 queries