View Single Post
Old June 28, 2012, 03:39 PM   #38
MW826

Tactical light.

---I know this is an old post, but it is a popular one and there are a few things I felt led to address.---
First off, if you are against using a flash light in any circumstances, and are bent on "knowing the dark areas of the house and shooting at back-lit silhouettes." I do have some issue with that, if you are able to fully assess the situation, whether by listening to conversations or watching the intruder's actions very carefully, then you may be able to be somewhat confident in your decision. I would just hate to be the one that dispatches of his drunk neighbor who pulled into the wrong drive, and thought he was locked out. But every situation is different. Castle law may cover you legally, but that doesn't mean you're right.
Also, I agree in that I feel the question was limiting. Why not have both, it would have to be a pretty big bump in the night for me to grab my gun as a first option to check on my kids. I have multiple flashlights in my bedroom. I do have one mounted on my handgun, but would grab my surefire hand held as a first option. As long as it's powerful enough and the batteries are charged, have it all accessible.
Last of all, for the pet peeve of using tactical incorrectly, Really?? First off, tactical can be used as an adjective, second, why would you deviate from the question? Even if it was incorrect, he's looking for input on a decision, not for acceptance into grammar school. You understood what he was asking, and if not you need a lesson in communication. I guess we're now onto one of my pet peeves.
Anyway, I would agree with having many options at your disposal. I completely back the fact that spending the extra money, will be well worth it when your life or someone else's may hang on the dependability and power of your tools, whether that is a flashlight, a gun, or the locks on your door.
-Mike

Page generated in 0.03662 seconds with 8 queries