View Single Post
Old January 26, 2012, 04:23 PM   #80
Double Naught Spy

madmag said...
Quote:
This back room thing is a key issue for me. Once you give into going to the back room you are trusting what the BG's want to do.....I don't like those odds. I will not interfere if robbers go to the counter and leave with the cash, but if they come to my area and demand people to go to a back room then there will be trouble for sure.
Negotiations at the end of a weapon aren't negotiations at all and there is no reason to believe the honesty of a person committing a dishonest act.

I understanding about not interfering with a robber that goes to the counter and leaves with the cash. Of course, you are "trusting" the robber won't start shooting before leaving. It doesn't happen often, of course, and that is why compliance is often a very good thing to do when you (the general public, not you personally) haven't a clue about what to do or haven't thought about your options before the event starts.

Quote:
The crime reduction related to CCW discussion is certainly a worthy subject, but the problem is that it is probably un-ending, at least from a statistical data stand point.
If you think about it as a CCW person, what is the one or one set of statistics that matters to you at the end of the day? Is it whether or not crime was reduced or is it that you and your loved ones got through another day? I can't think of a single person that I have spoken with who has been involved in ccw use of a gun or any recounting of the events by a ccw person who acted in self defense that ever gave a single thought to crime statistics, crime rates, or how their event fit with any sort of trends. What they all seem to care about is that they, their loved ones, and may be others survived as a result of their actions.

Page generated in 0.02259 seconds with 8 queries