View Single Post
Old November 13, 2005, 11:53 PM   #1
bernie

Mountain bikes and hunting.

Okay, here is the deal. I hunt on some private property that I own at the end of about 1/2 mile dirt road from where I park. That can get to be a long walk. The gate where I park is mine, and I can open it and drive my truck in, but that is noisy and I do not like to drive in except A) to set stands before deer season, B) to recover deer (1/2 mile drags are not fun) and C) to remove said stands at the end of the season.

Is there a way to mount a bow (or rifle) Securely to the handlebars so that it will not rattle or bang around. The road is wide enough that it will not catch on brush.

Also, does anyone make a trailer that you can pull behind a mountain bike to pull things such as climbing deer stands, etc.

Before anyone recommends an atv, I do not like them, and am constantly battling trespassers that use them, so I do not wish to encourage their use by them seeing atv tracks going into my property and then having them thinking "hey, someone has been in there, lets ignore the posted signs because it is probably a cool ride!"

Thanks in advance.

Page generated in 0.03229 seconds with 8 queries