View Single Post
Old April 24, 2011, 02:17 PM   #115
Alaska444

I suspect that all that carry have mentally already drawn lines in the sand so to speak for different scenarios. That is not the question in this case. The question is how to best SURVIVE in this situation and sometimes using your tongue and fast talking is better than a fast draw. Other options are avoidance. I find the most useful information on this thread that a gang of 30 thugs did this. To me, that takes MARTA or other similar types of transit off the list.

For those that must use these forms of travel, mitigate the risk as much as possible by traveling with more than one person, 3-4 is better than one in such a situation, especially if all are armed. 4 men pulling weapons on 30 thugs makes it a more fair fight and one that is possibly winnable.

One lone gunman standing up against 30 men that may or may not be armed is probably not a matter of courage, it may instead be a matter of foolishness. Even the example someone posted on earlier of Massad Ayoob throwing a fiver to keep from going further and escalating into a deadly force situation is just one example of using the tongue instead of using deadly force.

In addition, who is going to be in your line of fire? Can you identify who are gang bangers and who are just kids on the subway with you? All bravado aside, this is not the situation that one gun on your hip is designed to deliver you. Protecting your gun from the creeps and keeping it out of view is your first and best option in this situation. If the creeps evolve into a deadly force against you or someone else, what is there to lose, but do so knowing that your motive now is to take as many with you as you can, and not hope that you will walk away unharmed.

Page generated in 0.03533 seconds with 8 queries