View Single Post
Old December 2, 2008, 07:45 PM   #16
Fingers McGee

Quote:
Thought I read some complaints that CAS is now dominated by people who want to win at any cost and are taking the fun out of it. Sour grapes?
grymster2007 - There are those that try to win at any cost; but, they are a minority. The majority of shooters at matches I attend are there to have a good time - do as well as you can - but have a good time. Every top shooter that I have shot with on a posse isn't one of the 'gamers' that people complain about. They practice ALOT and are very good at what they do. In the 10 years I have been doing CAS, I've probably run into less than 10 shooters that are 'win at any cost'.

ZeSpectre - There's no excuse for targets or target placement that causes excessive spatter. I've only encoutered something like that at a couple of ranges & a quick word to the match directors solved the problem.

Jack - Come down & shoot with us here in MO. We have standard sized targets at standard distances with a few smaller/longer range ones thrown in for good measure. Some of our pistol targets arent easy to hit (dous beer bottle size mean anything to you?) & I get cussed at by members every time I add them to a stage.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce

Page generated in 0.03489 seconds with 8 queries