View Single Post
Old April 27, 2013, 10:16 PM   #14
big al hunter

Quote:
Actually, it makes me mad. I can't use a rifle
Is there some reason you are not able to use a rifle, or have you not learned to use one. You can change that with a little coaching and some practice.

ETA: just read your posting in rifle forum and remembered about the port in another post. Change that to a handgun in 357 mag with a scope.

Quote:
I've never hunted anything before -- what if I only wounded it and it ran off? Then we'd have a wounded, angry pig in the area.
Sounds like its time to start hunting. Pigs are not hard to kill. After some practice with your hunting firearm (you should be able to hit a target about 6 inches round with every shot, at the distance you will be shooting at while hunting, before attempting a shot on live game). Wait until the pig is broad side. I tell my kids to draw an imaginary line centered between the back legs and the front legs, you only want the bullet to go into the front half. So aim for the middle of the front half, that is half way from its belly to its back for up and down. And just behind the front leg. If you are using a scope I say put the crosshair so it just touches the back of the front leg.

If you practice and are patient to take a good shot you won't have an angry pig, you'll have a good reason to barbeque.

Last edited by big al hunter; April 28, 2013 at 01:38 AM.

Page generated in 0.03112 seconds with 8 queries