View Single Post
Old February 20, 2013, 04:11 PM   #5
Jeff2131

Thanx, very insightful! My main purpose for this question was simply to avoid a potentially dangerous situation....either a stuck bullet in my barrel or an expensive gun repair bill or even a trip to the hospital....lol. i am new to reloading and have only done .308 for my ruger m77 mark II. All has gone well with that and ive kept the loads right in the middle of the min and max. I just shoot for fun and i shoot ALOT! Usually clay targets and bottles. I do use reactive targets but im not too too concerned with pin pointing accuracy. Just so long as i can hit a target at 100 yards . The ruger has been amazingly spot on so far with my reloads and i hope my AR is the same. I simply use a red dot and at 100-150 yards i can hit my target every time. I just wanted to make sure i had the problem load info so i can go shpot without blowing my gun or face apart. This will be my first time loading .223 and the moly coated 40grs were the only thing available to purchase....**** is getting real tough to find. Luckily, the guys at the range leave thier brass so i scavenge it up and have collected about 500 rnds so far. All cleaned, primed, and in good shape. As soon as my bullets get here im gonna start crankin them out. Would it hurt to put the mollies in the tumbler and let the walnut shell take off the excess coating?

Page generated in 0.03871 seconds with 8 queries