View Single Post
Old January 14, 2013, 07:50 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

Single stack nines... what do you have ???

just picked up a "parts" gun from my local retired builder buddy... I think the frame is a Star, ( the magazine reads Star ) other parts came from where ??? only the builder knows... I know he had been working on it off & on for the last 6 months, had it out to my place a couple times working out the bugs... the lock up it pretty tight, it should be very accurate... over all it looks 1911 ish to me, but I'm not really a semi auto guy... last saturday, in the freezing cold temps, we checked it again, & it functioned flawlessly... he's checkered the back strap & removed a hump, & some sort of bump on the front of the grip, made the grip panels from scratch... it looks pretty ugly right now, in a mix of white, checkered steel, & old blueing... mag holds 8 rounds...

suggestions for a finish / finisher ???

what do you shoot for single stack 9's ???

anyone have a pic of what the Star would have looked like in original format ???

BTW... this has almost nothing in common with the Star gun, other than the mag, & the frame started out as a Star, I know the barrel is custom, the trigger assembly, & the lock up, are all different... the safety was made in his shop...

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; January 14, 2013 at 08:18 AM.

Page generated in 0.03622 seconds with 8 queries