View Single Post
Old September 16, 2000, 11:13 PM   #3
BIGR

Zach, looks like you will be well on your way with those goodies.When I first started loading years ago I found a guy that was wanting to get out of loading and bought his equipment.Of course he didn't have the fancy stuff, but it was the basic stuff to get started with.I lucked up and knew an old timer that had been loading for about 40 or 50 years. He taught me how to reload and how to be safe. Thank God he had taught me enough to get started before he passed away.You might want to find someone that has been reloading for some time and let them teach you how. It is almost like riding a bicycle, once you learn how you never forget.
I feel like the most important tools that you will ever use is 2 or 3 good reloading manuals and a good set of scales. Why 2 or 3 manuals? Because you can always cross reference a certain load and make sure 1 manual does not have a misprint.I have noticed certain ones in the past that nearly got me in trouble on certain loads.Also if you don't have accurate scales you are treading on thin ice and asking for trouble.I have always been real cautious and set up 2 scales at a time and checked one against the other when I was loading. Might sound like I am being too carefull, but in reloading you can never be too carefull. Good luck and enjoy loading.

Page generated in 0.03415 seconds with 8 queries