View Single Post
Old February 6, 2012, 10:57 PM   #5
Lost Sheep

Split the difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb1829
The 10mm is what pushed me off the fence into reloading. I have been set up for a couple months now (loading 10mm and 45acp so far). I went with the RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme kit. IMO it is the best kit out there since it is a no compromise kit. Everything in it is quality equipment, so there is no urgency to upgrade or replace anything. Add a tumbler and a set of calipers and you have more than enough to get started.

After getting the basics down and having ~700rd under my belt I am starting to look into case trimmers and additional tools. I do think 45acp could be done a lot faster with the addition of a progressive, but the high pressure 10mm I am good with the single stage pace.
Splitting the difference between single stage and progressive, an Auto-indexing turret might fill your needs. You don't have to use the automatic powder drop if you want the measure each charge. Just remove the measure and put a funnel in its place.

I started with an RCBS Jr, but traded that for a RockChucker (just because the opportunity presented itself, not because the Jr was not enough press).

I got tired of only 50-60 rounds per hour and got a couple of progressives, but never got used to trying to monitor simultaneous operations. Dividing my attention made me nervous.

I finally got a Lee Classic Turret. It loads in continuous manner (like the progressives, instead of batch), but only does one operation at a time (which I prefer), yet gave up nothing in speed to my progressive presses (which were slow because of my caution and primer feeding problems).

Good luck

Lost Sheep

Page generated in 0.03315 seconds with 8 queries